Tuesday 27 February 2024

A Moody Piece

A change of scene, of hemisphere

In Routine ‘s curtain, makes a tear

My mundane actions lose their bite

And attitudes change – overnight.

 

Winter months – in summer sun!

A change of mood, alternate fun

Not “upside down” but way-off-beam

In short, an otherworldly dream …

 

The fear of bushfires is intense

Cyclone damage is immense

But smiles can often make my day

Conferring warmth to my brief stay.

 

Australia seems so surreal;

Encapsulating how I feel

Depends perhaps on weather news

With little rain, how I enthuse!

 

Europe’s footprint here is light

My reference points are out of sight

But this land of settlers, history-scarce

Never fails to prompt my verse!


(c) Poet the woods 2024


Aborigine Dreamtime

No comments:

Post a Comment