Saturday 15 May 2021

Poetic Green Fingers!

Weekend of unrelenting grey

Alas, no snail mail - it’s passé!

Brain overload from Internet

Time to switch off - and reflect…

 

Replacements bought for stocks depleted

My weekly shopping list completed

Now shiny fruit and veg await

A medley on my dinner plate!

 

No fan of ready-made, fast food

Why should such processing intrude?

I grow my herbs from packet seed:

Mint, chives and thyme home grown I need!

 

Lavatera and petunias glow

Snapdragons, multi-coloured, grow

Lupins and lavender appear

Bright busy lizzies here and there …

 

Two pots of parsley strut their stuff;

Of cress and basil – not enough

As Nature takes its own sweet time;

I bless this daily joy - all mine! 


(c) Poet in the woods 2021


Petunias


Lavatera


No comments:

Post a Comment