Thursday 27 May 2021

A Rumbling of Discontent!

While Spring-in-wellies starts to run

Dodging raindrops isn’t fun

These dripping skies turn bright moods glum;

What hope for June?

Data Protection rules pulled tight

My FB posts cast out-of-sight;

My friends react: “it isn’t right!”

Darkness at noon!*

 

Big Brother, Orwell’s crafty friend,

No myth alas, but brand-new trend;

Should I regret the time I spend

On penning rhymes?

I try to keep my topics light

With puns and innuendos slight

But Nature is my chief delight

These troubled times.

 

Too much criss-crossing on the Net?

Is linking blogs now deemed a threat?

So sadly, and with deep regret

My voice is stilled;

My blog continues – never fear!

With themes and thoughts intent to cheer

All Readers who have found me here

Enjoy! Stay chilled!


(c) Poet in the woods 2021

* Appropriate title from Arthur Koestler's celebrated 1940 novel ...



No comments:

Post a Comment