Wednesday 3 July 2019

Was this Victoria's Secret?

The Toison D'Or* – Day Three of sales
Bargains quickly fly off rails
And, not surprising in this heat,
Sun-kissed shorts now flood the street.

Knees of all shapes are on show
Carrier bags swing high and low...
Perhaps today I'll be inspired
All faded underwear looks tired...

Demure or daring? Let me see
What a wild choice of lingerie...
Perhaps I should indulge my whim
And chuck old faithfuls in the bin?

Then a lady, poised, but old in years,
Her hair bound in a plait, appears
These sexy items catch her eye
Is she undercover, or am I?

The gay abandon of the lace
Brings a shy smile to her face
She goes inside; I contemplate
That love can never come too late!

(c) Poet in the woods 2019

* Busy commercial Street in Brussels





Note: Victoria's Secret is a lingerie chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment