Friday 5 April 2019

The Conversion - my "Mexican" Wall!

As the sun grows stronger every day
My flowerpots - in disarray
Show signs of life; new stems shoot forth
They're slow – my terrace faces North.

Wow! Seventeen new rows of bricks
Are laid; the scaffolding now sits
Dismantled – soon to be removed -
Next up: the wee house will be roofed ...

Huge sacks of gravel and cement
Stacked up outside for they are meant
For floors and walls as yet undone
There's a deep dark pit where sewers run...

The guttering has been dissected
More conduits soon must be connected
As rainy days are sure to come
And drainage problems can be rum!

Through my first floor window flows less light
I feel «boxed in» as space is tight;
Perhaps the wall will slow the breeze ...
Thank goodness I can still see trees!

(c) Poet in the woods 2019




No comments:

Post a Comment