Thursday 21 March 2019

Surface Excitement!

There's a quantum shift, the sun streams back
Warm feelings, we are right on track
My terrace, though brushed clean, looks bleak
A hefty clean-up planned this week.

Amazingly, some plants survive
Their green shoots tell me they're alive
Such resilience! I admire them most
While others long gave up the ghost!

The metaphor is tired and worn
But «Nature sleeps» until Spring dawn
Last year's flower displays are doomed
My hanging baskets must be pruned.

And though the morning light is faint
The days get longer – no complaint!
Time to pull out all dead wood
And air the soil – it does it good.

I'll meditate on what to grow
No rush - as Nature's ways are slow...
But here and there a herb appears
Despite the odds, and my heart cheers!

(c) Poet in the woods 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment