Saturday 5 January 2019

A Sensational Diary?

New diary as the year begins
Waiting to receive its wings
And fly off in directions new
But all is blank – we have no clue

What inspirations now will strike
Life oscillates 'twixt dark and light
Good news, bad news, weird surprises?
Adventures come in many guises!

The unexpected can destroy
Or, on the other hand, bring joy
Small kindnesses can warm our heart
Or deaths upset our apple cart ...

It's human to make plans, I know
But fun to just go with the flow
My faithful diary plots my course
Down life's river from its source ...

(c) Poet in the woods 2019



Title inspired from "The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde: Gwendolyn: 'I always take my diary with me when I travel. I must have something sensational to read on the train!".

1 comment: