Friday 12 January 2018

Cause and Effect?

Intriguing how our brains are wired
A chance remark and I'm inspired
An event, news item, printed word
Or oddity I have observed

And there I am, my thoughts combine
And give birth to a brand new rhyme
But how this happens – who can tell?
Metaphysics? Magic spell?

A blank page beckons – I sit still
Amazed to find that something will
Awake my Muse so I must write
Before a fleeting thought takes flight...

Royal wedding plans in the UK
The guest list means Trump stays away
While Obama has carte blanche to come
Yes, politics is so much fun!

Death of France Gall, blonde yé yé queen
Well known on the French pop scene;
The world moves on – new trends appear
What lies ahead in this new year?

(c) Poet in the woods 2018



France Gall died on 7th January, 2018 aged 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment