Monday 3 August 2015

I am Entitled!

Social media links us all
Fun sometimes, it can appall
We share our mundane, petty lives
So it pays to advertise!

But we poets are a special breed
Prompting you out there to read
Our pithy thoughts on life today
Often tempered with word play.

Though poems can be quickly wrought
Titles need much care and thought
Like coloured labels on a tin
Their aim is to entice you in!

Now the whole world is on line
It's exciting that a little rhyme
Can spread its wings on Internet
Wow! How lucky can I get!

I checked the figures on the screen
A 100* countries now have been
At least one time upon my blog;
40,000 hits* – I am agog!

(c) Poet in the woods 2015

* Update: October 2022 over 310,000 views to date
and 150 countries have found me!



No comments:

Post a Comment