Wednesday 24 December 2014

Noel Nosh Down Under

Clouds and cool, then scorching sun
Down Under Christmas has begun
The streets are empty, there’s no noise
Just the unwrapping of new toys!

The radio springs alive at six
I hear it vaguely, the clock ticks
We rise, my Mum and I; make tea
Hot toast for her, mango for me!

We draw the curtains, in comes day
Our midnight mass seems far away
Big family meal – each brings a dish
Ham, turkey, prawns – all fresh – delish!

Fabled mince pies made by Mum
With brandy butter, which is yum.
Salads (assorted) cheese plate, rolls
A veggie bake; cherries from Coles*!

Nibbles to start, perhaps with wine,
Tea and coffee all the time
My contribution? Can’t you guess?
Belgian chocolates – they’re the best!

(c) Poet in the woods 2014

* local Adelaide supermarket


No comments:

Post a Comment