Thursday 16 November 2023

Mike - In Memoriam

Memories surface – I recall

His lilting voice, its rise and fall;

Generous to a fault, he’d share

His time and wine; my man had flair!

 

With French and German quite at home

His diplomatic skills - well honed

His travel schedule – often tight

But presence on stage - a delight!

 

A Scorpio optimist with charm

Proud to have me on his arm

On this, his birthday, I recall

For twenty years we had a ball…


(c) Poet in the woods 2023



MC: 16th November, 1937 - 4th January, 2005

3 comments:

  1. Super Sarah no they are not here, but always everywhere we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words Sarah. Always remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic man, as described in your poem... dear Sarah. How fortunate you have been to be his wife and share your life with him! I could only dream to meet such an honorable and deserving man!

    ReplyDelete