Tuesday 21 November 2023

A Touch of Gold

Late Autumn stuns us with its views

Despite the dampness, I enthuse

It’s full-blown WETFLIX in the round;

Excited kids kick leaves around!

 

November in the dripping rain

Bold droplets slash my windowpane;

Leaves russet, golden, ochre, red

Coat the paving stones I tread.

 

Nature, fleeing summer heat,

Casts bright mosaics at our feet

Jewelled splendour for those in-the-know …

What’s not to like? A five-star show!

 

I gaze with wonder down my street

Where falling leaves form rainbow neat;

Keats* loved this season all aglow

He too took time to tell us so!

 

Lone voice perhaps, but I admire

These leafy woodlands which inspire

My Muse on this damp, chilly day

Where wind and leaves chase blues away!


(c) Poet in the woods  21.11.2023



John Keats (1795-1821)  See his poem: "To Autumn"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment