Tuesday 6 December 2022

A Christmas Wine!

Bright sunshine adds gold to dry leaves

A cloudless sky the cold deceives

My window paints a glowing scene

I am bemused – is this a dream?

 

Yet snowflakes bring a festive note

To the Ardennes as they coat

Our modest heights with sparkly wonder;

(Thinks: I’d rather be 'Down Under'!)

 

This winter though, I’m staying home

Where  thchill, alas, gets to the bone

But crisp walks in the wood inspire

And set my winter cheeks afire!

 

A mulled wine with a friend, delights

And brings a glow these winter nights

The Grand’Place tree in baubled splendour

Makes this a Christmas to remember!


(c) Poet in the woods 2022




1 comment:

  1. Good work Sarah , let’s hope there’s now for you too .
    Lots more lovely things to write about 🥰.
    Happy Christmas to you
    Liz Hunn

    ReplyDelete