Friday 30 April 2021

Feeling Nettled!

Do I hear rumbling in the air?

First cold, then drought – it isn’t fair!

With my wisteria branches bare;

Sharp frosts at night;

The weather with our mood in tune:

Our lives feel like a lead balloon;

Will seeds and herbs awaken soon

Or lose the fight?

 

Friends report on garden gloom

The chill means flowers late to bloom

Some pots still sit in dining-room

Their stems too frail;

Brisk walks in local parks allowed

Beware weekends and milling crowd:

Ducks splash in ponds, birds chatter loud

On nettle trail!

 

Daft dandelions with sunny faces

Unbowed, pop up in many places

April puts them through their paces

Bold as brass!

Will May provide a warmer ride?

Who’s for a BBQ outside?

Forgive me if indoors I bide;

This time I’ll pass!


(c) Poet in the woods 2021



Dandelions and nettles!

No comments:

Post a Comment