Saturday 19 December 2020

What Rings True?

 It’s quiet and peaceful in my home

My Muse and me, we’re quite alone

No one breaks my concentration;

I lose myself in contemplation …

 

Images swirl round my brain;

I look outside - see spots of rain

At times a car grinds up the hill

But apart from joggers, all is still.

 

Saturday, these hours are mine;

I marshal odd thoughts for a rhyme

But the dratted words won’t click in place

Like music, poems must have pace …

 

Lost in a daydream – miles away

What words will form this new display?

How to make the mundane feel

Just for a moment, poignant, real?

 

I cast around; no theme rings true;

Then the phone rings!  I come to …

A nuisance call! I might have known

No poet can stay long alone!


(c) Poet in the woods 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment