Thursday 6 December 2018

To my Followers!

Blog Followers - you're so discreet!
Many your own IDs keep
Hidden from the public gaze
Is this secrecy a phase?

Why this coyness to give names?
Poetry is just playing games
With words, ideas and metaphor
In this, my undepleted, store.

Although unknown at first, it seems
The Internet gives rise to dreams
I pen an ode, it's put on line
And bingo! It is read, big time!

What prompts these forays on my site?
I try to keep my topics light
Though bad news and sensation sell
The whimsical inspires as well!

I make no claims, ban all click-bait,
Avoid political debate
But try, in gentle mocking style,
To tease your minds and make you smile.

It's five years since, just for a dare,
My little poems went «on air»
Now to all my Followers, I say:
Loyalty is my tasse de thé!

(c) Poet in the woods 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment