Tuesday 19 March 2024

A Snowdrop Soliloquy

 I’m sure I saw some snowdrops in the lane,

Heard bird cries almost deafened by a plane

As Zaventem, the airport is close by

And flights disturb the peace of springtime sky.

 

In the woodland, just a stone’s throw from my home

I often like to meditate alone

And observe how warmer days awake from sleep

Nature’s hidden marvels which now creep …

 

Across the muddy pathways; tendrils preen …

South-facing moss has turned the tree roots green!

Birds splash in shallow puddles which display

On their mirrored surface, skies still grey…

 

And yet, despite Jan’s brief advent of snow,

This month of March provides a warmer glow;

Though the traumas of our world roll on (increase?)

Here among the beech trees, I find peace.


 (c) Poet in the woods 2024




 

No comments:

Post a Comment