Sunday 20 December 2020

Isabella - at Three!

 There’s no hope for a quick release

I can’t fly South to hug my niece

Who celebrates three years today!

As COVID means no Aussie stay…

 

But through the months I’ve watched her grow

So many arrows to her bow

 As Isabella shares my sign

And Archers aim high every time!

 

You like to dress up, face the lens

Chatter with your little friends

Bathe in limelight, unafraid

The world’s your oyster, little maid!

 

Growing up means learning, sharing,

Thinking for yourself and caring

Both Grannies and your Mum agree

Enthusiasm is the key.

 

You’re bubbly, like the best champagne;

Dad says you know your mind – and reign!

Attention-seeking? (Yes, a bit)

Oz has talent - you’re a hit!

 

At three, Sweet Lass, your world expands

My Blog is read in many lands

Auntie hugs you from afar

Happy birthday! You’re a star!


(c) Poet in the woods 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment