Wednesday 14 March 2018

The Wow Factor!

Like the white rabbit* – much to do
The careful list not yet struck through
There's always something I must add
No time to switch off, which is sad ...

With the internet that eats our time
And mobile phones that stay on line
Each season comes and goes unseen
One day deep snow, now bright spring green.

Storm clouds release a wall of rain
That gurgles down my cobbled lane
And yet the sun shines overhead
As March fights hard to get ahead.

I nearly missed the rainbow arc
That shimmered in a sky grown dark...
But neighbours clustered in the street
And pointed skywards – that was neat!

Small water droplets all aligned -
Nature's marvels blow my mind
I stare but see no pot of gold
Yet on God's artistry I'm sold ...

(c) Poet in the woods 2018

* Courtesy Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland"

No comments:

Post a Comment