Wednesday 12 April 2017

The Wrath of Neptune?

Is it wise to read one's astral chart?
A 5-year forecast – quite an art
It warned me Neptune was aggrieved
Some watery vengeance up his sleeve...

How have I caused this God's displeasure?
I ponder on this point at leisure
Finally tossing it aside
A foolish notion, I decide!

Alas, I spoke too soon it seems
Under my sink the water teems,
A perished washer? Rusty pipe?
I mop the floor both day and night...

This is a most persistant leak
So I've called a workman; Easter week
Is not ideal for tasks like these;
The plumber must get on his knees

And ascertain this awkward source
Child's play for him – high costs of course...
If all goes well he comes today
Meanwhile, I wring out towels – and pray!

(c) Poet in the woods 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment