Let’s take a train to see a friend!
No crowds, no queues, so I expend
A modest sum with “Senior Plus”;
It should take less time than a bus!
“S” class – nothing untoward
Means stopping train; I climb aboard;
Except, and this is nothing new,
"Track incident” bars our way through!
A crackling Tannoy fills the air...
How long to wait? It isn’t clear…
“Moensberg” station looks deserted
Does this mean we’ll be diverted?
The passengers, and we are few,
Grumble, as all Belgians do!
This is indeed a “stopping” train!
At last, we pick up speed again.
Guess what? We halt a second time:
More scenic views in bright sunshine!
Irritation, resignation...
Post Linkebeek, next rural station.
My friend awaits, in bright red dress;
But I alight, so end of stress!
Down leafy lanes we make our way
Amused, perhaps by this delay!
(c) Poet in the woods 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment