Sunday 21 April 2024

Four-Season April!

Wind, rain, hail, sun - in just one day?

Four seasons keep us on our toes

What to wear is no child’s play

Is this climate change? Who knows?

 

Another brolly breaks its back

As gusts of wind have attitude

I reach for scarf on hallway rack

This over-clothing shakes my mood…

 

It’s April, birds swoop overhead

Their nesting plan is well in hand

While I on cherry blossom tread

And wafts of pollen on me land.

 

A Nature Poet? Yes, indeed

Today - brief sunlight after rain

These constant squalls my walks impede;

Loud gurgling from a nearby drain!

 

My inner voice screams to be heard:

Best foot forward! Let’s stay zen!

Then the chirruping of one small bird

Prompts me to pick up my pen!


(c) Poet in the woods 2024



No comments:

Post a Comment