Tuesday 29 August 2023

An Uninvited Guest!

Have you noticed in the summer haze

We suffer an annoying phase:

Small pesky flies on the rampage?

Whence do they come?

Fly-swatters do not do their job;

They land on desk, chairback or hob

With firm intention to hob-nob

With Number One!

 

I lay out veggies which I chop

Preparing food on counter top,

Alerted, they swerve in and stop;

Unwelcome guests!

My windows so admire the view

Near the forest, it is true

But must those damned flies buzz in too

And life infest?

 

Condemned to live with windows closed?

This cheeky fly has a good “nose”

One opened crack and in it goes

To sniff my food;

Now, I love nature and am keen

Like Greta Thunberg - on things green

But this intrusion on my scene

Is just plain rude!


(c) Poet in the woods 2023



No comments:

Post a Comment