Thursday 30 March 2023

An Escape Route!

 I love to read, escape the grind

As much in real life seems unkind;

Why must countries go to war?

What other horrors lie in store?

 

Then money; some we all must have

But having too much turns us bad

‘Cos people matter more than “things”

And friendship untold riches brings.

 

As for that buzzing news on line:

Too much to take in; we drink wine

Or dabble in mind worlds unreal

Until we don’t know what we feel.

 

If this is how life is, I’m out

We just need those we care about

A plague on data overload!

My brain feels ready to implode…

 

So, a cup of tea and a good book

Curled up in cosy inglenook

Provides the sanity I need

Sweet respite from this world of greed…


(c) Poet in the woods 2023



2 comments:

  1. Me too I escape the news by reading a good book!

    ReplyDelete