Saturday 11 February 2023

R.I.P. Burt Bacharach (1928-2023)

A Kansas kiddie born, not bred

Who loved New York’s bright lights instead

A gifted pianist who composed

“Magic Moments” –  tapping toes…

 

Music Director for Marlene

Creator of the “Alfie” theme

Hal David's lyrics soon on board

 A three times Academy award!

 

Did his four wives hear this refrain:

“I’ll never fall in love again”?

 “Raindrops keep falling on my head”

“Anyone who had a heart” saw red!

 

“The Look of Love” - mellifluous tones

“What’s New Pussycat?” - Tom Jones

“What the World Needs Now” - Sam Getz

“I say a little Prayer” next.

 

Launched  Dionne Warwick: “Walk on By”;

“Trains and Boats and Planes” – a high;

Burt Bacharach moved many hearts

Remaining up there in the charts!

 

His final notes - at Ninety-Four …

How’ere you see it, a fine score;

With easy listening to sublime me …

“Always something there to remind me” …


(c) Poet in the woods 2023




1 comment:

  1. Good job, Sarah- I felly enjoyed his music!

    ReplyDelete