Wednesday 19 October 2022

The Rainbow Cake

My family sends me lots of snaps;

I file them carefully, then perhaps

When I have more time to view

 I like to ponder them anew!

 

Take this rainbow birthday cake

Made for Thomas, who turned eight*

In the first days of this year

Its shelf-life brief, as you see here!

 

What makes this photograph complete

Is Isabella - dressed a treat

With rainbow hairband in her hair:

Proof positive of Mummy’s flair!

 

Auntie – absent - could not taste

Hence, avoided sugar to her waist!

But can indulge in this great pose:

My niece ‘nails it’ with her clothes!


(c) Poet in the woods 2022


on 8th January, 2022

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo and the poem!!
    I suppose the cake must be pretty sugary but it IS fun to see the play of colours with the dress of Li’l Miss Muffet :-)

    ReplyDelete