Monday 22 August 2022

A Time of Challenges!

The heat abates; we breathe again

Did I hear someone pray for rain?

Traffic jams the Brussels ring

As commuters, suntanned, drive back in!

 

Mailing postcards is passé

Just bills and adverts blight my day!

Abundant school supplies await

So, anxious parents navigate

 

The never-ending bright displays

As educating junior pays!

Costs escalate in all domains

Utilities cause budget strains.

 

Drought and strikes add to the mix

Who is “Up There”, playing tricks?

The future looks a tad more grey;

Was it like that, in my day?

 

Our only constant remains change*;

Time to step back and arrange

Our thoughts and hopes to stay in sync

As it’s a bitter draught we drink!


* Heraclitus of Epheseus 535-475 BC Pre-Socratic Philosopher


(c) Poet in the Woods 2022




1 comment:

  1. Yes, I pray. Because even if heat abated, a new heat wave will strike.
    I keep hope and faith.
    Our only constant remains change: leave the past behind and renew your heart. If the draught strikes again, I drink at the life springs, which are flowing out of God's Word. Never leave hope and faith.

    ReplyDelete