Tuesday 19 July 2022

Thoughts in the Heat

I sometimes wonder why I write;

But oft my inner thoughts take flight

And bubble through my conscious mind

Not wanting to be left behind …

 

And so it is, on this hot day;

With many of my friends away

My sticky fingers press the keys

While I gaze out - observe pine trees!

 

Each day - clean slate; what shall I say?

In this fierce sun my Muse makes hay

As I reflect on world discord:

Some humans frantic – others bored…

 

How life’s uncertainties surprise

How stress builds up and rules our lives;

But then I think - ‘twas ever thus

We’re always running for that bus!

 

This unaccustomed heat gives pause

We seek the shade and stay indoors;

Mad summer sales are not for me

As home’s the place I’d rather be!


(c) Poet in the woods 2022




1 comment: