Friday 10 June 2022

Not an Open and Shut Case

Flying round the world is fine

Assuming you have cash and time

Broadening each traveller’s mind …

Why was my suitcase left behind?

 

I’m sure I checked my luggage through

All carefully labelled as you do

But sad to say, Pacific side

My suitcase failed to hitch a ride …

 

Vancouver - at Lost Luggage Claim

I diligently gave my name

It took a while; I’m not best pleased;

Airline travel ain’t a breeze!

 

Bereft with just one set of clothes

For six days I would wear just those!

But miracles do come to pass

Relief when it was brought at last.

 

I’m not impressed; should I complain?

Should I fly QANTAS once again?

But with my treasures back with me

Perhaps I should just let things be …


(c) Poet in the woods 2022


At Vancouver International Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment