Monday 6 September 2021

On Father's Day - 2021

Down Under with Spring on its way,

A September date* is Father’s Day

Hence this photo, full of smiles

Which reaches me across the miles!

 

The little ones are growing fast;

How they’ve enjoyed their latest task:

Unique creations made with flair

To show Dad just how much they care!

 

Thomas writes on turquoise blue

While Isabella’s “heart” shines through

Against a background rainbow-hued

Hence my brother’s joyful mood!

 

Thomas to Mum’s lens reacted

While Isabella looks distracted;

I wonder what goes through her mind,

Did she her oeuvre forget to sign?

 

Not famous yet; perhaps one day

She’ll put great art upon display

Meanwhile, I’m privileged to share

These family joys; sad I’m not there …


(c) Poet in the woods 2021  



* 5th September, 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment