Thursday 7 January 2021

Thomas Turns Seven!

‘Now we are six’ is so last year

We turn the page and it is clear

Dear Thomas, you have reached new heights

Proud Auntie in your skills delights!

 

It’s not my fault I’m not in Oz,

I’m sad but this is all because

The COVID virus stops planes flying

So, in my own way, I am trying

 

To wish you, on your special day

When you turn seven, “Hip! Hurray!”

I’m sure your Mum will bake cupcakes

I’ve seen what yummy things she makes!

 

Great celebrations there will be …

No doubt you’ll have some friends to tea

Or a special picnic in the park

How I wish I could take part…

 

Your love of learning warms my heart;

You’ve made of maths a special art

I taught you how to tell the time

Perhaps now - you can read this rhyme?


(c) Poet in the woods 2021


Thomas on his new bike!



Thomas reading his birthday poem from Auntie!



No comments:

Post a Comment