Thursday 24 August 2017

Sounds Familiar?

Light frisson as I step outside
Late August – sun plays seek and hide!
Rush hour - spare seats on the tram
Time to muse because I can ...

I'm lost in thought when mobiles buzz
This frequent irritation does
Make fellow travellers check their phone:
Who's calling? Business, friend or home?

I catch the mood – the need to know
Sets bored, tired faces all aglow
A general fumbling begins
Till the buzzing stops and someone grins.

How life has changed these past few years
Electronic noises in our ears
All wired for sound, we're miles away
Who dares to pass the time of day?

Now I'm all for progress – of a sort
As modern life is often fraught
With stress and 'burn-out' on the rise,
But - is the way we're going - wise?

(c) Poet in the woods 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment